Wednesday, July 13, 2011
Kem cafe (coffee ice cream)
Another favourite dessert flavouring of mine is coffee. It is without a doubt, the most loved and consumed beverage in Vietnam. Even my 5year old niece would take a couple of sips from her grandfather's coffee when he's not looking. Perhaps, it would probably explain why she is always full of energy. It is definitly a great dessert to have around, simply enjoy on it's own or with toasted black sesame seeds or roasted peanuts.
3 egg yolks
1/3 cup sugar
1 cup of cream
2 tbsp of strong expresso coffee
1. Whisk the cream to stiff peak and set aside in fridge until needed.
2. Whisk egg yolks with sugar until pale and forms a ribbon.
3. Fold in the coffee a tbsp at a time with the egg mixture.
4. Followed by folding in the cream, 1/3 at a time.
5. Put in a container and in the freezer overnight.
6. Enjoy with toasted black sesame or crush roasted peanuts.